Recipe by Bergy
Simple yet tasty way to serve asparagus. It is low cal too! I like to make the sauce in a large skillet and when ready to serve add the steamed asparagus to the skillet and roll them in the sauce - just for a minute you want the asparagus to still have some crunch
Top Review by karen hynes
Very simple to make. If more liquid is required for the dressing at the end suggest increase amount of liquids used. Very tasty as a starter, Asparagus flavour comes through perfectly.
- 1 lb asparagus, Steamed until heated through but still crisp
- 1 shallot, peeled and crushed
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Keep your asparagus warm.
- Saute the shallot and garlic in the oil, low heat, until the the garlic turns golden about 10 minutes.
- Whisk the lemon juice& wine together and add to the sauted shallot & garlic, add pepper.
- Pour over steamed asparagus& serve.