Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Simple yet tasty way to serve asparagus. It is low cal too! I like to make the sauce in a large skillet and when ready to serve add the steamed asparagus to the skillet and roll them in the sauce - just for a minute you want the asparagus to still have some crunch
- 1 lb asparagus, Steamed until heated through but still crisp
- 1 shallot, peeled and crushed
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Keep your asparagus warm.
- Saute the shallot and garlic in the oil, low heat, until the the garlic turns golden about 10 minutes.
- Whisk the lemon juice& wine together and add to the sauted shallot & garlic, add pepper.
- Pour over steamed asparagus& serve.
Very simple to make. If more liquid is required for the dressing at the end suggest increase amount of liquids used. Very tasty as a starter, Asparagus flavour comes through perfectly.
I love asparagus. I made the "sauce" in the morning using lime (I had no lemons available) and a Tbs of horseradish. I used it at room temperature over the steamed asparagus. Worked well. Another winner Bergy!
Heavenly. I recommend doubling the sauce. I was out of shallots, so I used green onions. Crisp asparagus and a light sauce, excellent with Bergy's Lemon Asparagus Chicken #10993