Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Got this recipe out of Cooking magazine. This pesto goes well with cheese ravioli. This recipe uses 1/2 of a 14 oz. can of artichoke hearts. You can add the rest of the artichokes into the pasta if you want extra flavor.
- 1 cup canned artichoke heart, quartered
- 2 large garlic, cloves minced
- 1⁄2 cup packed fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- Place all the ingredients in food processor and process until pureed.
- Toss with you favorite pasta choice (we chose ravioli) about 30-60 seconds or until heated through.
This was very tasty. We had it over angel hair pasta. I bet it would be good spread on Italian bread.. My 5-year-old requested more of "the green stuff" on her noodles.