Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Made up from stuff in the kitchen! This recipe is vegan, but you can use non-vegan ingredients if you like (butter, milk, parmesan etc.) I had just a bit of local organic soy milk in the fridge, and added into the sauce at the last minute. Worked well. For the vegan parmesan, I use Almesan - Vegan Parmesan with 1 tbsp of nutritional yeast added in
- 1 lb pasta
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegan margarine
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth
- 12 ounces artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1⁄4 cup capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 large lemon, juice and zest
- 1⁄3 cup soymilk, unsweetened
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup vegan parmesan cheese (I use Almesan - Vegan Parmesan)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- extra vegan parmesan cheese, for serving
- Bring large pot of water to boil for pasta.
- In a large saute pan, heat oilive oil and margarine over medium heat.
- Add minced garlic and dried oregano and italian seasoning.
- When garlic is fragrant, add artichike hearts, lemon zest, half the lemon juice, capers and veggie broth.
- Simmer sauce while pasta cooks.
- Stir in soy milk, remaining lemon juice and "parmesan".
- Drain pasta and add to sauce.
- Mix well and serve. Top with crushed red pepper (my favorite) and extra "parmesan" if you like.