Kozmic Blues's Note:
Made up from stuff in the kitchen! This recipe is vegan, but you can use non-vegan ingredients if you like (butter, milk, parmesan etc.) I had just a bit of local organic soy milk in the fridge, and added into the sauce at the last minute. Worked well. For the vegan parmesan, I use Almesan - Vegan Parmesan with 1 tbsp of nutritional yeast added in
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb pasta
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons vegan margarine
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 12 ounces artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1/4 cup capers, rinsed and drained
- 1 large lemon, juice and zest
- 1/3 cup soymilk, unsweetened
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 1/4 cup vegan parmesan cheese (I use Almesan - Vegan Parmesan)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- extra vegan parmesan cheese, for serving
- 1Bring large pot of water to boil for pasta.
- 2In a large saute pan, heat oilive oil and margarine over medium heat.
- 3Add minced garlic and dried oregano and italian seasoning.
- 4When garlic is fragrant, add artichike hearts, lemon zest, half the lemon juice, capers and veggie broth.
- 5Simmer sauce while pasta cooks.
- 6Stir in soy milk, remaining lemon juice and "parmesan".
- 7Drain pasta and add to sauce.
- 8Mix well and serve. Top with crushed red pepper (my favorite) and extra "parmesan" if you like.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Artichoke Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 405.1
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 369.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 12.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegan parmesan cheese