Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Recipe from Festival Foods, a local grocery store in Green Bay. This recipe was featured on the local morning news show.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon light olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- In shallow dish, combine flour, garlic salt and black pepper. Dredge chicken breast halves in mixture.
- In large skillet heat 4 tbs butter and olive oil. Sauté chicken over medium heat turning once, until lightly golden brown on both sides, about 3 to 6 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken from pan and keep warm. Add chicken broth and wine to pan, stirring to scrape bits off bottom.
- Bring mixture to a boil and cook until reduced by half, about 6 minutes. Stir in lemon juice, artichoke hearts, and capers. Cook for a minute.
- Turn off heat and whisk in remaining 1 T butter and chopped parsley. Pour hot sauce over chicken breasts.
- Great with buttered pasta.
We loved the flavors in this. The only problem I had with the recipe was that I had about 2/3 of the flour left over after dredging the chicken breasts. So I would cut the flour amount at least in half next time.