Chef Christopher's Note:
This is a tasty, pretty easy recipe from The Chicken Cookbook. It was originally submitted to the 46th annual chicken cooking contest by The Culinary Center of Kansas City.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 6 tablespoons flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup butter, divided
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 2 cups chicken stock or 2 cups broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1In shallow dish, mix together the pepper 4 tablespoons of the flour. Dredge chicken in the mixture.
- 2In large skillet over high heat, melt half the butter. Add onions and saute over medium heat until softened, about 2 minutes.
- 3Add chicken to pan; cook, turning once, until lightly browned, about 3 minutes per side.
- 4Remove chicken from pan and keep warm.
- 5Add chicken stock and wine to pan, stirring to loosen brown bits on bottom. Bring mixture to a boil and cook until reduced by half, about 6 minutes.
- 6In a small bowl, knead together remaining flour and butter.
- 7Whisk into sauce and stir until thickened.
- 8Stir in lemon juice and artichoke hearts; add salt.
- 9Return chicken to pan and cook, covered, until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- 10Just before serving, add capers and chopped parsley to chicken.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Artichoke Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (434 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 493.4
- Calories from Fat 237
- Total Fat 26.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.4 g
- Cholesterol 133.0 mg
- Sodium 1581.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.6 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 35.8 g