Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A lemony light cheesecake enhanced by apricots and white chocolate that will provide a spectacular finish to any meal. Well worth the effort! From Food and Drink Magazine. Hope you enjoy!
- 1⁄3 cup melted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups biscotti, crumbs (or about 8 biscotti)
- 1 lb cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups mascarpone
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup dried apricot, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white wine (or apple juice to sub)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup marmalade
- 3 ounces white chocolate
- Line base of 9 1/2 inch springform pan with parchment papaer.
- Brush 1 tbsp of the melted butter over parchment and up sides of pan.
- Stir together biscotti crumbs and remaining butter in a bowl.
- Pat mixture lightly into bottom and up sides of prepared pan.
- Chill crust in the refrigerator while you prepare the filling.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl beat cream cheese until softened, add sugar and beat for about 5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating very well after each addition.
- Beat in mascarpone until smooth.
- Now beat in flour, vanilla, lemon zest and lemon juice and mix until smooth.
- Spoon the filling into chilled base and smooth the top.
- Place cake on a baking sheet and bake in center of the oven for 1 1/4 hours or until firm on the sides and a little softer in the center.
- The cake rises like a souffle but falls back as it cools.
- Leave oven door ajar and turn off heat, let cake sit for about 1 hour to help prevent cracking.
- While cake is cooling in oven, place apricots, sugar, wine (or juice) and water in a pot.
- Let soak for 30 minutes.
- Bring mixture to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to med-low and simmer for 30 minutes or until apricots are very soft.
- Sit in marmalade and let cool.
- Spread apricot mixture over cooled cheesecake.
- Melt white chocolate in a heavy pot over low heat, stirring until just liquid.
- Drizzle over top of cheesecake. Enjoy!