Prep 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
Serve with fresh fruit and whipped topping.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package lemon cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 (18 ounce) jar apricot preserves, divided
- whipped topping (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray two 9-inch layer pans with cooking spray.
- Combine cake mix, water, sour cream and eggs in large bowl. Mix on medium speed for 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally. Pour evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on wire rack for 15 minutes. Remove from pans; cool completely.
- To serve, slice each layer in half horizontally making 4 layers. Place first layer on serving plate. Spread cake with 1/2 cup preserves.
- Repeat layering with cake and preserves. Use remaining preserves for top of the cake allowing preserves to drip down the sides of the cake.
- Serve each slice with a dollop of whipped topping, if desired.