Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
Lemon bars with the added yummyness of apricot preserves!
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup apricot preserves
- 4 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- confectioners' sugar
- For the crust: mix flour and confectioners' sugar in a bowl; cut in the butter until crumbly.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Press the crumb mixture over the bottom of a 9x9-inch baking pan; bake for 30 minutes, let stand until cool.
- Reduce oven temperature to 325°.
- For the filling: spread the apricot preserves over the bottom of the crust.
- Beat the eggs in a mixer bowl until blended; add sugar, lemon juice, lemon peel, flour, baking powder and salt; beat until blended.
- Pour over the prepared layers; bake for 35 minutes; let stand until cool.
- Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar to taste; cut into bars.
These were really tasty! The family loved them. The lemon-apricot combination is one I had never thought of. I used a food processor to make the crust. My personal history with lemon bars is this: they look great, until I have to remove them from the pan. The 9-inch pan became a quest---I went to 8 stores here before I found one, and it was metal. I would have preferred glass. Anyway, I lined the pan with parchment paper, because the instructions on the pan said not to use metal utensils. Only the corners of the bars stuck a little, but I was able to get the whole thing out in one piece. I would recommend refrigerating the bars before cutting them.