Recipe by LAURIE
Yummy muffins that are good for you too! I love the lemon flavored glaze with the apples and oats. From an apple website.
Top Review by Laylu
My kids finished these off at breakfast. (I have 3 but they are only 7,5 and 2.) They loved them. I used a silicone brush to put on the glaze and waited until the muffins had cooled so I could get more glaze on them without it melting and dripping off. They loved the glaze and the muffins.
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons bottled lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 1⁄4 cups unsifted flour
- 1⁄2 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup finely chopped golden delicious apple (about 1 medium)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon melted margarine or 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine oats and dry ingredients togetherin large bowl.
- In medium bowl, beat egg; stir in milk, oil then lemon juice.
- Add to oat mixture with apples and nuts. Mix only until moistened (batter will be thick).
- Spoon into greased or paper baking cup-lined muffin cups.
- Bake 20 minutes or until golden.
- Combine icing ingredients together to make glaze.
- Spoon Lemon Icing over muffins.
- Remove from pan.
- Cool completely.