Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From the February 2005 issue of Southern Living. Posted in response to a request. Cooking time is chilling time.
- 1 small cabbage, shredded (8 cups)
- 2 apples, chopped
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon rind, grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine cabbage, apples, and carrots in a large bowl.
- Whisk together mayonnaise and next 6 ingredients; toss with cabbage mixture.
- Cover and chill 1 hour.
Nice light tasting coleslaw
Great! What a nice dish with a BBQ. Not too different, just a fresh taste. I just like it and will definitely make it again. Really just a nice taste! However I did use 3 tablespoons onions, I like onion. But as is. Thank You So Much!
I've been making this recipe for a couple of years now. It's my Go-To slaw recipe during the summer months. The lemon is so refreshing and adds such a lightness to a dish that can sometimes seem heavy with mayonnaise and sugar. You can't go wrong with this one!!