1/3 Photos of Lemon Apple Cheesecake
I love to find things that don't have to be baked and are still delicious. This was given to me by my sister in law many (oh-so-many) years ago. You'll need a 7 or 8 inch spring form pan. This delicious dessert has a texture more like custard then cheesecake. Time does not inclued chilling. Note: The 1 2/3 cups of evaporated milk is slightly more then a 12oz can. I just added regular milk to bring it to 1 2/3.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 395.10 ml evaporated milk
- 85.04 g package lemon gelatin
- 14.17 g unflavored gelatin
- 177.44 ml boiling water
- 226.79 g package cream cheese
- 177.44 ml granulated sugar
- 473.18 ml canned applesauce
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 473.18 ml graham cracker crumbs or 473.18 ml gingersnap crumbs
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 59.14 ml butter or 59.14 ml margarine, melted
- 118.29 ml chopped walnuts
- 1Chill evaporated milk.
- 2Mix lemon gelatin and unflavored gelatin.
- 3Add boiling water and stir until dissolved.
- 4Allow to cool.
- 5In separate bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar.
- 6Blend until smooth and creamy.
- 7Stir in apple sauce, vanilla and cooled gelatin mixture.
- 8Chill until mixture is well thickened.
- 9Make crust (see below).
- 10Whip thickened apple-gelatin mix while gradually adding chilled milk.
- 11Continue whipping after blended until very light and fluffy and about doubled in volume.
- 12Put into crust.
- 13Sprinkle top with remaining nuts or chocolate sprinkles as I did.
- 14Chill until well set at least 5 hours or overnight.
- 16Grease spring form pan.
- 17mix crumbs, brown sugar, melted butter, and 1/4 cup chopped walnuts.
- 18Press crumb mixture firmly into bottom and about 2 inches up on sides of greased spring form pan.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Apple Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (237 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 538.4
- Calories from Fat 238
- Total Fat 26.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.3 g
- Cholesterol 61.7 mg
- Sodium 370.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 38.9 g
- Protein 10.3 g