Prep 20 mins
Cook 18 mins
This is a delightful danish-like dessert! I've been making this since I was single (in fact it mighta been what help me land my man!)
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon, rind of
- 2 medium apples, peeled and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 2 -3 teaspoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375º.
- Unroll crescent roll dough into 2 long rectangles on large ungreased cookie sheet.
- Overlap long sides to form 13x7" rectangle; firmly press edges and perforations to seat.
- In medium bowl, combine sugar, flour, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and 1 teaspoon lemon peel.
- Stir in apples until well coated.
- Spoon apple mixture in 2 inch strip lengthwise down center of dough.
- Make cuts 1/2 inch apart on each side of rectangle at an angle.
- Braid strips over filling.
- Bake at 375º for 18-22 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes. Remove from cookie sheet.
- In small bowl, combine all glaze ingredients, adding enough lemon juice for desired drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle over warm braid.
Excellent and so easy! I usually have these ingredients on hand.
This was wonderful! I only had one fresh apple, so I used a 16oz can of Fuji apples instead (just the actual apples, I left the goopy stuff behind). The lemon is definitely very strong in this, but I think it went really well with the apples. I also used a can of the "big and buttery" crescent rolls, so the dough sheet was just the right size without having to fold it before filling. It was especially nice how quickly this came together. Wondering how good this would be with a cream cheese filling in place of the apples...? Thanks for posting! Made for the Emerald City Shakers for ZWT7
Took this to a cookout and brought home an empty plate. I plan to make another again to take to work later this week. Made by a fellow Spoonie for Zwt6.