Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1⁄4 teaspoon anise extract
- 1⁄4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Combine flour, sugar, margarine, egg white, peel, and anise in blender or food processor until smooth.
- Spray bottoms of 6 custard cups and 2 baking sheets with nonstick spray.
- Spread 1 tbs batter into 5" diameter circle on baking sheet with rubber spatula.
- Repeat to make a total of 6.
- Sprinkle 2 tsp almonds in the center of each.
- Bake 3-4 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Place cookie over bottom of prepared custard cup so almonds face inside.
- Press cookie against custard cup to form cookie cup.
Work quickly when removing these from the oven in order to get them to shape to the form of the cup. Nice flavor, something like an Italian Pizelle cookie, but not as crisp.