1/5 Photos of Lemon Angel Food Cake Filled With Lemon Curd and Fresh Raspberry
1 hr 5 mins
CREAMY, LIGHT, FRESH & TART
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup cake flour, sifted
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 14 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 1/2 cups lemon curd (Lemon Curd (Stove Top or Microwave Method) Lime or Orange Curd)
- 1 pint fresh raspberry
- 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Place an oven rack in the center of the oven.
- 3Have ready an ungreased 10- inch tube pan.
- 4Sift the flour and the confectioners' sugar together into a medium bowl.
- 5Beat the egg whites with an electric mixer on medium speed in a large bowl until foamy.
- 6Increase the speed to medium-high, add the cream of tartar and salt, and beat just until the egg whites form soft peaks.
- 7Add the granulated sugar, about 1 tablespoon at a time, beating well after each addition, and beat just until the whites form stiff, glossy peaks.
- 8Add the vanilla and lemon oil and beat until well combined Sift one-fourth of the flour mixture over the egg whites and fold in with a whisk or a rubber spatula.
- 9Continue gently folding, one quarter at a time, until all the flour mixture has been added, being careful not to over mix.
- 10Transfer the batter to the pan.
- 11Run a table knife through the batter to remove any large air pockets, and smooth the top.
- 12Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until the top is golden brown and the cake pulls away from the side of the pan.
- 13Turn the pan upside down, and balance it on its elongated neck or pan legs (if it if has them), or hang the tube upside down from the neck of a tall wine bottle.
- 14Let cool to room temperature.
- 15Turn the pan right side up.
- 16Run a knife around the edge of the cake and between the cake and the tube.
- 17Top the cake with a flat plate, invert it, give a sharp downward rap to the pan to dislodge the cake and lift off the pan.
- 18If the pan bottom is removable, slide a knife between the pan bottom and the cake to release it.
- 19Stir the lemon glaze ingredients together in a small bowl.
- 20Let stand for 10 minutes before using.
- 21Cut cake in half.
- 22Once completely cooled fill with lemon curd (SEE my recipe posted).
- 23Top Curd with Raspberries.
- 24Put top half of cake on raspberries then top with Glaze.
- 25Pouring over the cake and let stand for at least 10 outside minutes, or until the glaze is set.
- 26Use a sharp serrated knife to cut the cake.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Angel Food Cake Filled With Lemon Curd and Fresh Raspberry
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 293.6
- Calories from Fat 4
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 189.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 46.8 g
- Protein 8.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: