Recipe by CountryLady
This is another dessert that my mother made when I was a kid. Its easy, tasty and very light - great after a big meal!
Top Review by thecutteryhaircutsnh
I have made this a few times over the years for my diabetic family members. I use a sugar free angel food cake and no sugar pudding and I also add kiwi and strawberries and blueberries on the outside of the cake. It is delicious and everyone loves it!
- 1 store bought angel food cake (or make your own)
- 1 package lemon flavor instant pudding and pie filling
- 1 package Dream Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare lemon pie filling, as directed on package& place in fridge to cool slightly (about 45 mins).
- Slice angel food cake in half horizontally and place bottom half on a good sized cake platter.
- Spoon some lemon pie filling on this and then add the top half of the angel food cake.
- Cover the whole cake with the rest of the lemon pie filling.
- Refrigerate for about an hour.
- Prepare Dream Whip, as directed on the package& spread over the cake.