Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is so easy to make & the kids love it.
Make and share this Lemon Angel Food Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 angel food cake mix
- 1 (7 ounce) boxsherrif lemon pie filling mix
- 1⁄2 cup whipped cream
- Prepare angel food cake as directed on package.
- Prepare lemon filling according to package.
- Cover with wax paper& chill.
- Slice cake into 3 layers.
- Spread 1/2 of chilled filling between layers.
- Fold whipped cream into remaining lemon filling.
- Spread over top& sides of cake.
- Chill 4 hours before serving.
Really like this one, dead easy and quick. Hubby wanted something different for his birthday angel food cake, this was just right. Only change I made was, I used over a cup of Cool Whip, which made it nice and fluffy. May add blueberries and/or strawberries in the layers or on the cake.
Made for PAC, Spring 2007 ~ Gotta admit that I didn't follow the directions EXACTLY, but I did use everything that was called for in the list of ingredients! After the cake was made & cooled, I broke it into bite-size chunks & spread them out in a 13"x9" baking dish! Then I made a double batch of the lemon pie filling, & eventually 3/4 of that got poured over the pieces of cake, covering them completely! Then I folded the whipped cream into what was left of the pie filling & spread that over the top! Great, great taste, but not quite the presentation expected by you when you posted the recipe!