3 hrs 20 mins
Yia Yia's Note:
My husband loves this! It's an old recipe from his mother and has all the characteristics of an old, time tested family favorite recipe. Elegant and beautiful to see, as well as a bright and lovely flavor. Cooking time reflects chilling time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix gelatin, sugar, salt in the top of a double boiler.
- 2Add eggs and heat until well blended.
- 3Stir in thawed lemonade concentrate and water.
- 4Cook over boiling water, stirring constantly until mixture coats a spoon (about 5 minutes).
- 6Chill a large bowl and beaters.
- 7Beat chilled milk until foamy.
- 8Add lemon juice and whip until very stiff.
- 9Fold in custard from the double boiler thoroughly.
- 10Fold in cake pieces.
- 11Spoon into a spring form pan, or angel food cake pan.
- 12Chill until set - about 3 hours.
Browse Our Top Herb and Spice Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Angel Dessert
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 122.5
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 48.0 mg
- Sodium 65.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 20.0 g
- Protein 3.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
angel food cake