Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
My husband loves this! It's an old recipe from his mother and has all the characteristics of an old, time tested family favorite recipe. Elegant and beautiful to see, as well as a bright and lovely flavor. Cooking time reflects chilling time.
- Mix gelatin, sugar, salt in the top of a double boiler.
- Add eggs and heat until well blended.
- Stir in thawed lemonade concentrate and water.
- Cook over boiling water, stirring constantly until mixture coats a spoon (about 5 minutes).
- Chill a large bowl and beaters.
- Beat chilled milk until foamy.
- Add lemon juice and whip until very stiff.
- Fold in custard from the double boiler thoroughly.
- Fold in cake pieces.
- Spoon into a spring form pan, or angel food cake pan.
- Chill until set - about 3 hours.
Made for PAC, Spring 2007 ~ Was tempted [as always!] to include some lemon zest, but this time I didn't, & I'm glad, 'cause this dessert had a nice delicate lemon taste to it that I really liked! Thanks for sharing the recipe!