Recipe by Chef Bronco
2 ingredient cake, 2 ingredient frosting, light and fluffy and very lemony! Similar recipes here but nothing exactly like it. One of my Hubbys favorite desserts!!!!!
- 1 (16 ounce) box angel food cake mix
- 1 (15 ounce) can lemon pie filling, not the creme one, the jelly like one
- 1 (3 ounce) box lemon Jell-O gelatin
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix Angel Food cake mix and Lemon Pie filling. Have mixer on medium high and blend well, almost to the fluff stage. Pour in greased 9X13 greased pan (I used butter flavored spray).
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until top is lightly browned, top is cracking and dry-looking but shiny. Turn off oven and let cake remain in oven for 10 minutes. Remove and let cool completely and when completely cool, turn out on rectangle cake board or cookie sheet covered with wax paper.
- Mix lemon jello with container of Cool Whip. Frost cooled cake and enjoy a cloud of light lemony goodness. ENJOY!