Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Lemon and White Chocolate Mother's Day Cookies
- 160 g butter
- 2 lemons
- 170 g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 400 g plain flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 200 g white chocolate
- Preheat the oven to gas 4, 180C, fan 160°C Cream together the butter, lemon zest and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in the eggs, adding a little at a time. Finally, sift in the flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda and stir in the chopped chocolate. Mix until the dough comes together.
- Roll balls of the mixture to the size of a walnut and then lightly press to flatten. Place on a baking sheet, leaving a little space between each to allow for slight spreading.
- Bake for 12 minutes, until the dough has slightly risen and is lightly golden. Remove from the oven and cool on a rack. Store in an airtight container.