Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is from taste.com.au. Fast, no fussy, yet delicious!
- 1 1⁄4 cups long-grain rice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon lemon rind, grated
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 eggs
- 1 (425 g) can tuna in olive oil
- 200 g tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- Place the rice in a fine sieve and rinse under cold running water until the water runs clear. Drain.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the rice and curry powder and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Add the stock and lemon rind. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and cook, covered, for 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in the peas and remove from heat. Set aside, without removing the lid, for 5 minutes. Use a fork to separate the grains.
- Meanwhile, place the eggs in a small saucepan of cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium and gently boil, uncovered, for 7 minutes. Drain and cool under cold running water. Peel and quarter.
- Use a fork to flake the tuna into large pieces. Add to the rice mixture with the tomato, parsley and lemon juice. Season with pepper and stir until just combined. Top with egg and serve immediately.