Recipe by emilynye
my boyfriend and I made a list of all the ingredients we were in the mood for, and this is what we got as a result. perfect as a light summery dish. we love it!
- 6 roma tomatoes
- 2 large white onions
- 1 shallot (can substitute another 1/2 onion)
- 1 cup white wine
- 3 garlic cloves, fresh pressed
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- 2 tablespoons capers (approx, I don't measure them)
- olive oil
- 1 lb capellini or 1 lb spaghettini
Directions See How It's Made
- dice onions and shallot. mix with garlic, and simmer in olive oil until the onions begin to brown. boil water for pasta at the same time.
- grate lemon rind.
- add white wine and 1/2 of lemon rind to onions as well as all of the juice. I add a glug of olive oil here but I don't know if it actually adds anything.
- cook pasta according to package directions. cut tomatoes into large chunks (8-12 per tomato usually)
- drain pasta, run some cool water over it to prevent sticking together. poor into bowl. add tomato chunks and capers, pour sauce over all. stir all together, sprinle the rest of the lemon rind on top.