Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a fairly simple, absolutely delicious recipe that I adapted from a couple of Lemon Chicken recipes that I came across when I was feeling creative. The green beans were somewhat of an afterthought, but I felt that they worked very well in this mixture.
- 4 -6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 finely chopped small onion
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 10 ounces chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 pinch sugar
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 2 cups green beans (for this I used a microwavable bag and tossed them in after I'd heated them up)
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, to taste. Then, heat the olive oil in a large pan and add the chicken. Saute on each side for about 4 minutes on medium heat, or until the chicken is no longer pink in the center. When it is cooked, remove it from the pan and set it aside.
- Add the garlic and onion to the pan and cook for about a minute on medium heat. Then, add the wine, lemon juice, sugar and salt and pepper and cook for about another minute, stirring frequently. Then, add the chicken broth and cook for about 4-5 minutes, or until the liquid is reduced by about half. Turn down the heat and add the tomatoes and green beans and simmer for about 5 minutes, or until the tomatoes are wrinkled and squishy. Add the chicken to the pan for the last minute or two to reheat it. This goes really well over hot cooked pasta.
Wow, is this ever good! We used sugar snap peas in place of green beans and we cut the amount of olive oil in half to reduce the calories (1 T. worked just fine). This was so fresh, light, and bright. Such a great flavor. We both loved it! Thanks for posting.<br/>----<br/>Update: We made this with green beans tonight and we definitely prefer it the other way (with snap peas instead of green beans)!
I cut this recipe in half since there were only 2 of us, used homemade chicken broth & substituted lemon pepper for the usual S&P (none were really major changes), & we had A GREAT CHICKEN DINNER! Thanks so much for another new & great way to fix chicken! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adoptees in the current Pick A Chef]
This was absolutely wonderful, and quite easy to make! I didn't change a thing and won't the next time. Thank you so much for the recipe.