Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
I have played with many versions of this roast chicken. This is so far the perfect blend. An aromatic twist on a classic roast chicken recipe. Perfect accompanied with cous cous made with a chicken stock and a dash of yummy Harissa or your usual roast potatoes and veg.
- 1 chicken
- 1 lemon
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 bunch thyme
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ground coriander
- Preheat oven to 200c. Place chicken in roasting tin.
- Mix garlic, butter, salt and spices. Make a pocket between the skin and the flesh of the chicken and rub the butter mix between and on the skin.
- Squeeze the lemon juice on the skin and then stuff the chicken with the lemon quarters along with thyme.
- Season with plenty of salt and pepper and roast for 80 – 90mins.