Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Quick breadcumb coating for chicken breasts.
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 6 large chicken breast halves
- Line large baking dish with foil.
- Melt butter in heavy skillet over low heat.
- Add garlic and saute 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and stir in mustard.
- Mix breadcrumbs, lemon peel and tarragon on plate.
- Place chicken in butter mixture, turn to coat.
- Place chicken in crumbs, turn to coat completely.
- Arrange chicken, skin side up, in prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bake chicken until cooked through, basting occasionally with pan dripping, about 1 hour.