Recipe by Lene
You can't beat an old fashioned cheesecake, especially when it's full of juicey sultanas and has a fresh lemon zingy taste.
- 150 g digestive biscuits
- 50 g butter
- 500 g mascarpone
- 200 ml creme fraiche
- 2 egg yolks
- 100 g caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 75 g sultanas
- 1 grated lemon, rind of
- 50 g icing sugar, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees centigrade.
- Place the biscuits in a good plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin to form crumbs.
- Mix with the butter and press into the base of a 20cm springform cake tin.
- Pop into the freezer for 5 minutes or so to set.
- Using electric beaters, mix together mascarpone, creme fraiche, egg yolks caster sugar and cornflour until well blended.
- Stir in the sultanas and lemon rind and spoon over the crumbed base, smoothing over the surface.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes until golden- it will still be fairly wobbly, but don't worry, it will set as it cools.
- The cake sometimes cracks, but you can avoid this by letting it cool slowly- turn off the oven, open the door and allow it to cool as the oven does.
- when completely cool, place in the fridge for at least an hour or two, but preferably overnight.
- Carefully remove from the tin and dust with icing sugar.
- Slice into wedges and serve with a drizzle of cream.