Recipe by English_Rose
An ideal recipe for the broiler or the BBQ. If you have leftover chicken, shred it and mix with garbanzo beans, shredded lettuce, thinly sliced red onion, mayonnaise and lemon juice and pack it up to take to work!
- 8 ounces plain yogurt
- 1 lemon, 1/2 juiced and 1/2 cut into wedges
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 4 leaves lettuce, shredded
- 1 ounce mint, torn
- pita bread, to serve
- Combine the yoghurt, lemon juice, spices and seasoning.
- Spoon half the mix into a shallow bowl, then add the chicken and coat.
- Set aside the remaining mix.
- High the grill or broiler to high.
- Thread the chicken onto 8 metal skewers.
- Cook for 3-4 mins each side.
- To serve:.
- Pile the lettuce and mint onto the pita bread, top with the skewers, squeeze over the lemon juice and serve with a spoonful of the reserved yoghurt mix.