This is a very quick and easy stir-fry to put together. I'm rather partial to lemon curd, so anything with lemon curd is great to me! For those who don't know, lemon curd is a custard-like sauce/jam? made with eggs, lemon juice and zest, sugar, and butter. It's fantastic on toast in the morning, and comes in handy in the kitchen as an ingredient. In this particular recipe, it helps create a lemony sweet-and-sour sauce that can be tweaked to be more sweet or more sour depending on your taste. I also love to use lemon curd as a part in making a more traditional sweet-and-sour sauce.- yum!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg white
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons oil or 2 tablespoons melted lard
- 1 onion, sliced thinly
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar (or half white, half brown)
- 1 finely grated lemon, juice and zest of
- 3 tablespoons lemon curd
- 1 (7 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained and sliced thin
- salt and pepper
- green onion (to garnish)
- 1Place the chicken between two plastic-wrap sheets and pound to thin and flatten out. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Slice into thin strips.
- 2Whisk the egg white until foamy and dip the chicken into the egg white and then into the sesame seeds.
- 3Heat the oil in a wok or karai and stir fry the onions until softened.
- 4Add the chicken and fry until golden.
- 5Reserve a bit of lemon zest for the garnish and add the rest of the zest to the sugar, lemon juice and lemon curd. Add to the wok and let bubble a bit.
- 6Add the water chestnuts to the wok and cook until heated through.
- 7Taste sauce and adjust seasonings.
- 8Garnish with green onions and lemon zest and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon and Sesame-Crunch Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 285.0
- Calories from Fat 95
- Total Fat 10.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 68.4 mg
- Sodium 99.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 30.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: