Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Not sure where i got this from, i have made a few small changes, but made this for Easter dessert and it was a favorite!! very rich and filling. For extra flavor in the milk mixture add a little orange and lemon zest!! Suprisingly good! Individual serving sizes: makes about 8 6oz cakes (in ramekins or custard cups)
- 8 ounces cream cheese (room temp)
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs (room temp)
- 16 ounces whole milk ricotta cheese (room temp)
- 1 cup milk (room temp)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon, zest of (i add extra)
- fresh mint leaves (i prefer fruit and leaves...looks very beautiful!!) or graham cracker crumbs (i prefer fruit and leaves...looks very beautiful!!)
- 1. preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Have a large pan (deep) and a kettle of water (bring kettle of water to a boil).
- 2. mix cream cheese with flour and sugar untill smooth w/electric mixer on medium speed. add eggs one at a time, stir in ricotta, milk, vanilla, lemon zest, and kemon juice. pour in the custard cups or ramekins.
- 3.set each cup in the pan.
- 4. place pan in the oven, pour enough of the boiling water in the pan to reach halfway up the sides of cups. bake untill cheesecakes are set, and no longer jiggly in the middles. (about 40-50 min depending on oven) Remove the pan from oven, but leave the cheesecakes in the water for about 15 minutes. Remove the cups from the pan, set on a wire rack untill completely cool. Cover each one individually (saran wrap) and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- 5. Top each cheesecake with berries and mint or cookie crumbs (i use strawberry slices, blueberries and raspberries w/mint leaves, color is beautiful as the cakes will have a slightly yellow color.
Tasty, but this recipe needs some tweaking. If you are remembering those wonderful Italian lemon ricotta cheesecakes of a yesteryear, this is not quite it. I'd lighten up on the lemon zest, and lengthen the cooking time. I used both small & larger ramekins & both were not done at 50 min.