1/2 Photos of Lemon and Red Pepper Pasta
Bright colors and flavors highlight this quick elegant dish. Serve with a green salad and a dry white wine for a light summer dinner, or use as a side dish. From Eating In, by Betty Fussell.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put water for the pasta on to boil. Cook pasta al dente.
- 2Meanwhile, remove the stem and seeds from the pepper. Neatly dice the flesh.
- 3Melt the butter in a large skillet or saucepan.
- 4Add the pepper to the melted butter.
- 5Grate the rind of the lemon into the butter.
- 6Add one half of the lemon's juice, cream, and seasonings to taste, stirring gently. Keep the sauce warm until the pasta is ready, but do not let the sauce bubble.
- 7Drain pasta and toss in sauce. Serve immediately, with the parmesan.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon and Red Pepper Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 865.8
- Calories from Fat 526
- Total Fat 58.5 g
- Saturated Fat 35.1 g
- Cholesterol 276.4 mg
- Sodium 159.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 16.6 g