Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
I made these potatoes for my first Christmas dinner and have made them every year since. The lemon and sea salt give them a really nice flavor.
- 2 kg potatoes
- 88.74 ml olive oil
- 3 red onions, cut into wedges
- 2 lemons, cut into 6 wedges
- coarse sea salt
- black pepper
- Cut potatoes into equal sized chunks.
- Parboil and dry with a tea towel.
- Meanwhile,Heat olive oil in a 400 f oven in a roasting tin until smoking.
- Add potatoes, onions, and lemons.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook 1 hour.
- Can also be done above Christmas turkey, adjusting cooking time to 1 hour 30 minutes.
I enjoyed the subtle taste of lemon in this recipe. When I make it again, I will use more lemon, so that the flavor is throughout the dish. I used new red potatoes, and cut them in quarters. I did not find it necessary to parboil them.
This made a very tasty side to some baby-back ribs and slaw. I also used red potatoes. Love the subtle lemon flavor. I made mine in my new counter-top convection oven in about 35 minutes. Would also be good with a roast chicken.
Delish! I cut the recipe down for three people (using 4 potatoes, 1 lemon and 1 onion) without any problems. This was delicious with fish! Thanks fro sharing this keeper!