Recipe by oriana
These are an all time favourite of mine. They are best eaten straight out of the oven as they have a super crunchy top on them (this softens as they cool). They are so beautiful you won't be able to stop at one! From the Australian Women's Weekly cookbook.
Top Review by saylaveev
I found this easy (had to make my own self rising flour) but it lacked the lemon punch I was looking for. I would up the amount of lemon zest used and possibly even use an extract. I will probably make this again with a few adjustment.
- 3 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 2 1⁄4 cups self raising flour
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1 egg, beaten lightly
- 1 cup milk
- 60 g butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to moderately hot.
- grease 12 hole muffin pan.
- reserve 2 tsp of rind and 2 tbsp of sugar.
- place flour in bowl
- stir in seed and remaining sugar.
- stir in remaining rind, juice, egg, milk, butter.
- spoon into pan.
- sprinkle with combined reserved rind and sugar.
- bake in moderately hot oven about 20 minute.