Recipe by Chef mariajane
The tang of the yogurt and the zest of the lemon make these mini potaotoes light-tasting but satisfying.
- 2 lbs yellow petites potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, finely grated, divided
- 3 tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped, divided
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice and zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Halve and steam potatoes using a basket steamer, until just tender, about 8 minutes. When cool enough to handle, use a small spoon or melon baller to scoop the flesh out of each potato into a mixing bowl. Place potato shells on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet and set aside.
- Mash potato flesh with a fork. Mix in half the Parmesan cheese, 2 tablespoons oregano, 1 Tbsp olive oil and all the remaining ingredients until well blended. Spoon the filling back into the potato shells evenly. (If making ahead, potatoes can be wrapped with plastic at this point and refrigerated until needed).
- To serve, preheat oven to 450°F Top the filled potatoes with the remaining Parmesan cheese and a drizzle of the remaining olive oil. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Garnish with remaining oregano and transfer to a platter and serve warm.