Recipe by I'mPat
From May 2007 Australian Super Food Ideas. Suggested to serve with roasted potatoes and onion with a tzatziki dip. Do not include marinading time but do include 5 minutes resting.
Top Review by IngridH
Yummy! I used lamb T-Bones, which I marinated for about 10 hours before tossing on the grill. The flavor of the lemon is just wonderful, a great complement to the natural flavor of the lamb. I love how simple this is, easy enough to put together before work; and a great dinner waiting when I get home :)
- 12 lamb chops (mid-loin trimmed)
Lemon and Oregano Marinade
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (large, crushed or minced)
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- To make marinade combine oil, garlic, 2 1/2 tablespoons of lemon juice and oregano into a ceramic dish.
- Add lamb to marinade and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight, if time permits, turning occasionally.
- Preheat barbecue plate onto medium-high heat.
- Remove lamb from marinade.
- Barbecue lamb, basting with marinade for 6 to 8 minutes on each side for medium or until cooked to your liking.
- Remove to plate, cover and stand for 5 minutes.
- Serve with suggested roasted vegetables and tzatziki or a simple salad.