1/1 Photo of Lemon and Olive Veal Steaks
One Russell came up with tonight using ingredients on hand. it's based on a dish by Evelyn/Athens that we couldn't make when we realised we had no capers. Very lemony, and we thought, very nice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 (125 g) boneless veal steaks, we used butterflied loin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup sliced green olives, ours were anchovy stuffed
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1Season the flour with salt and pepper and lightly coat the veal in this, shaking off any excess.
- 2Heat the oil in a pan over medium high heat, add the veal and cook for about 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- 3Turn and cook for about 1 minute more, then remove and keep warm whilst you make the sauce.
- 4Pour the wine and lemon juice into the pan and simmer for a minute, scraping up any brown bits.
- 5Add the butter, herbs and sliced olives and allow to thicken a little before serving over the steaks.
Browse Our Top Veal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Veal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon and Olive Veal Steaks
Serving Size: 1 (209 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 395.9
- Calories from Fat 241
- Total Fat 26.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.7 g
- Cholesterol 133.0 mg
- Sodium 186.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 25.1 g