Recipe by Mishisan
Nice light chicken with a slight taste of Lemons and mint. At first when I started experimenting with the fresh mint in my backyard I wasn't sure this would turn out, but we BBQ'd the first try and it was a hit! When I cook I don't really measure unless I'm making something from a recipe so measure of the ingredients should be taken with a grain of salt. Prep time doesn't include the marinating.
- 1 -2 cup red wine
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 -4 garlic cloves (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 6 -8 mint sprigs
- rosemary (dried or fresh)
- lemon thyme (dried or fresh)
- tarragon (dried or fresh)
- 6 pieces chicken (I use drumbsticks, but could use breasts or other)
Directions See How It's Made
- Add wine, water and herbs (a pinch or two of each) in bowl or pan.
- Slice lemons into thin slices and add half to bottom, leave others to side.
- Mince garlic and add to mixture.
- Add chicken to marinade then put remaining lemon slices on.
- Remove pieces of mint from the stem and place them in the marinade and on the chicken as well.
- Marinade chicken for 6-12 hours.
- Oven at 350c till chicken is cooked throughly and sauce is boiling or BBQ in foil on top rack.
- Cool and enjoy!