A refreshing low fat pie for a great end to a summer meal, or a meal to remind you of summer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 78.07 ml granulated sugar
- 59.14 ml cold margarine or 59.14 ml butter
- 44.37 ml low-fat yogurt
- 14.79-29.58 ml cold water (15 or 25 mL)
- 59.14 ml freshly squeezed lime juice
- 13 ml fresh lemon juice
- 7.39 ml grated lime zest (about 2 limes)
- 7.39 ml grated lemon zest (about 1 lemon)
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 314.66 ml granulated sugar
- 295.73 ml water
- 78.07 ml cornstarch
- 9.85 ml margarine or 9.85 ml butter
- 1In a bowl or food processor, combine flour and sugar; cut in margarine just until crumbly.
- 2With fork, gradually stir in yogurt and just enough of the cold water so dough comes together.
- 3Pat onto bottom and sides of pan.
- 4Bake approximately 18 minutes or until light brown.
- 5Raise heat to 425 F (220 C).
- 6Combine lime and lemon juices, lime and lemon zest, egg and egg white in a small bowl; set aside.
- 7In a saucepan, combine sugar, water and cornstarch.
- 8Bring to boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for approximately 1 minute, stirring constantly until mixture is smooth and thick.
- 9Pour a bit of the cornstarch mixture into the lemon-lime mixture and whisk together.
- 10Pour all back into saucepan and simmer, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes, or until thickened and smooth.
- 11Remove from heat. Stir in margarine. Pour in crust.
- 12In a bowl, beat egg whites with cream of tartar until foamy; continue to beat, gradually adding sugar.
- 13Beat until stiff peaks form.
- 14Spread over filling.
- 15Bake approximately 5 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon and Lime Meringue Pie
Serving Size: 1 (164 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 372.5
- Calories from Fat 67
- Total Fat 7.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 26.7 mg
- Sodium 126.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 54.9 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: