Recipe by Abby Girl
I got this wonderful recipe from my sister-in-law when I was last visiting her. Although, they say that you should make risotto fresh, this was dang good the next day. So what do experts know, eh??!!
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 leek, finely chopped
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups arborio rice
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 2 lemons, zest of
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the stock to a boil in a medium saucepan, cover, and keep warm over low heat.
- Heat the butter and olive in a large saucepan.
- Saute the leek and shallots over medium high heat, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 5 - 7 minutes. Add the arborio and white rice to the leek/shallot mixture and sauté, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium low, add 1 cup of the hot stock and stir frequently until absorbed.
- Continue adding 1 cup of stock at a time, stirring, and waiting for it to be absorbed before adding the next measure. This will take 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the lemon zest, fresh lemon juice and the parmesan cheese.
- Cover and allow to stand for 3 minutes.