Recipe by Brisket in Roses
Found this on a site and want to post before I lose the copy. I am notorious with paper copies, I lose evertything.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 large egg, plus 4 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon lavender flowers (fresh or dry)
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream, whipped
For Blueberry Soup
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, plus additional fresh for garnish (or unthawed frozen)
- 1⁄4 cup water, room temperature
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon
- 1 cinnamon stick
Directions See How It's Made
- To make mousse:
- In a heatproof mixing bowl, combine sugar, lemon juice, butter, lavender,egg, and yolks.
- Place over a pot of simmering water and cook, stirring constantly, until mixture thickens. Strain into a bowl set in a larger bowl filled with ice water and stir until mixture is cold and thickened.
- Fold in whipped cream. Pour mixture into eight 5-ounce paper cups.
- Freeze until firm, about 4 hours.
- To make soup:.
- In a medium saucepan, combine blueberries, sugar, 1/4 room temperature water, lemon zest and juice, and cinnamon stick.
- Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and simmer about 15 minutes.
- Let mixture cool for about 10 minutes.
- Remove and discard cinnamon stick. Puree mixture in blender until smooth.
- Strain through a sieve over a bowl. Discard solids, cover soup and refrigerate.
- To serve, peel paper cups off mousse and place in shallow bowls. Pour soup around mousse and garnish with fresh blueberries.