Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
An easy, filling, summer pasta salad to tingle your tongue and tummy
Make and share this Lemon and Hot! Pasta Salad With Kidney or Cannellinni Beans recipe from Food.com.
- 7 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- salt and pepper
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, diced with or 1-2 without seeds
- 1⁄2 cup chopped scallion
- 1⁄8 cup torn fresh basil
- 1⁄8 cup fresh fresh parsley
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 (14 ounce) can kidney beans or 1 (14 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 1 -2 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 12 ounces favorite pasta (shells, penne, farfalla etc.)
- Pasta: follow directions on the package to cook to al dente. Drain and cool. Place in a large bowl.
- Dressing and Vegetables: Combine in a bowl and whisk olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, zest, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper and add basil, parsley, and scallions. Add Jalepeno and celery. Whisk again.
- Combine dressing and vegetables in a large bowl with pasta. Toss in beans. Sprinkle with pepper flakes and parmesean.
- Serve Cool.
This was really great, though I made a few small changes. I used small shell pasta but only used 8 ounces - and I'm glad I did as the ratio of pasta to veg was perfect with 8 oz; 12 would have been too much pasta, at least for my taste. I also cut the oil back to 4 Tbsp and the red pepper back to just a sprinkle. The only other change was to leave out the celery since I don't care for it, but since I still wanted a crisp veg I added some yellow bell pepper. Everything else was made per the recipe. Since I cut back the pasta, I thought there was just the right amount of dressing. Thanks for sharing!
This was really tasty and zippy! Gonna keep this one but I think I'll reduce the lemon zest just a bit. While it was good with the jalapeno it seemed to overpower it just a little. Made for a great summer side salad alongside a spicy roast chicken I had. I can also see us using this is a light main course with a green salad. Thanks for sharing!
This is a good recipe - nice flavours, but I found there was not enough dressing so it was a little dry. Next time I will try adding a little wine vinegar to the dressing.