Recipe by Palmen
An easy, filling, summer pasta salad to tingle your tongue and tummy
Top Review by flower7
This was really great, though I made a few small changes. I used small shell pasta but only used 8 ounces - and I'm glad I did as the ratio of pasta to veg was perfect with 8 oz; 12 would have been too much pasta, at least for my taste. I also cut the oil back to 4 Tbsp and the red pepper back to just a sprinkle. The only other change was to leave out the celery since I don't care for it, but since I still wanted a crisp veg I added some yellow bell pepper. Everything else was made per the recipe. Since I cut back the pasta, I thought there was just the right amount of dressing. Thanks for sharing!
- 7 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- salt and pepper
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, diced with or 1-2 without seeds
- 1⁄2 cup chopped scallion
- 1⁄8 cup torn fresh basil
- 1⁄8 cup fresh fresh parsley
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1 (14 ounce) can kidney beans or 1 (14 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 1 -2 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 12 ounces favorite pasta (shells, penne, farfalla etc.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pasta: follow directions on the package to cook to al dente. Drain and cool. Place in a large bowl.
- Dressing and Vegetables: Combine in a bowl and whisk olive oil, lemon juice, mustard, zest, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper and add basil, parsley, and scallions. Add Jalepeno and celery. Whisk again.
- Combine dressing and vegetables in a large bowl with pasta. Toss in beans. Sprinkle with pepper flakes and parmesean.
- Serve Cool.