Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
We both love turkey and as there was only the 2 of us last Christmas I decided to give it a go. I found the turkey hindquarter in the frozen department of our chain supermarket. It is relatively inexpensive and just enough for 2.
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Place the turkey hindquarter in a roasting pan.
- Add salt, pepper, lemon zest and juice, olive oil and herbs into a bowl. Mix well and rub mixture on turkey.
- Place tray in the oven. Cook at 200C for 20 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 180C and cook for about 90 to 120 minutes, basting the meat regularly with the pan juices.
- Test with skewer, when juice runs clear it is done.
- Serve with cranberry sauce.