Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
An updated, scaled up variation of my Sauteed Asparagus and Mushrooms in a Lemon - Thyme Butter recipe, using vibrant, steam-blanched carrot coins in place of mushrooms and a touch of rosemary with the thyme.
- 340.19 g carrot, sliced on an angle into coins
- 29.58 ml salted butter
- 4.92 ml olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 2.46 ml dried thyme
- 2.46 ml rosemary
- 453.59 g asparagus, sliced on an angle into 1-inch pieces
- zest of one lemon
- 2.46 ml sea salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 4.92 ml lemon juice
- In a steamer, cook carrots until very al dente - about 2-3 minutes. Remove to a bowl and set aside.
- Heat olive oil and butter together in a deep saute pan until butter melts and is bubbling slightly.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add thyme, rosemary and asparagus and cook 1 - 2 minutes, until asparagus is bright green.
- Add carrots, lemon zest, salt and pepper to the pan and toss lightly to mix.
- Saute 4 minutes longer, then remove from heat and stir in the lemon juice.