An updated, scaled up variation of my Sauteed Asparagus and Mushrooms in a Lemon - Thyme Butter recipe, using vibrant, steam-blanched carrot coins in place of mushrooms and a touch of rosemary with the thyme.
- In a steamer, cook carrots until very al dente - about 2-3 minutes. Remove to a bowl and set aside.
- Heat olive oil and butter together in a deep saute pan until butter melts and is bubbling slightly.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add thyme, rosemary and asparagus and cook 1 - 2 minutes, until asparagus is bright green.
- Add carrots, lemon zest, salt and pepper to the pan and toss lightly to mix.
- Saute 4 minutes longer, then remove from heat and stir in the lemon juice.