Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A recipe that I want to try from Rachael Ray.
- 1 lb bow tie pasta
- 1 lemon, grated peel and juice
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 2 cups arugula, torned
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, shaved
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup fresh dill, chopped
- In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the pasta until al dente. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the lemon peel, lemon juice and olive oil; season with salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the pasta, bell pepper, arugula, eggs, parmesan, pine nuts and dill. Add the lemon dressing and toss.
We really enjoyed this salad...it didn't say to serve it immediately after adding the lemon dressing...so I tossed it altogether and let it mellow while I finished the rest of the meal...that might have been the problem...because we found it on the dry side...but it was packed full of yummy flavors...thanks for posting it!
This was great! I didn't have red peppers or fresh dill, so I skipped the red peppers and used dry dill. I also subbed out a different pasta. This had a refreshing lemony flavor - was a perfect summer side dish - thank you!
This made such a lovely light evening meal for a hot night. One diner had this with rice noodles due to allergies and the rest of us had as the pasta beef ravioli. So we had lots of flavours in our pasta bowls. I added home grown basil and the lemon was from my tree. Delicious, so many thanks for adding this to our summer eating.