Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Wonderful grilled Cornish Hen recipe! Prep and Cook time do not include the 8 hours of marinating time!
- 3 Cornish hens, Split (1 1/4 to 1 1/2 lb each)
- 118.29 ml fresh lemon juice
- 59.14 ml olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 9.85 ml dried whole thyme, crushed
- 9.85 ml dried oregano, crushed
- 9.85 ml dried whole rosemary, crushed
- 4.92 ml salt
- Place the split hens in a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish.
- Combine the lemon juice and the remaining ingredients; stir well with a wire whisk. Pour the marinade mixture over the hens. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Prepare your grill so that you have medium-hot coals (350 to 400 degrees).
- Drain the hens, reserving the marinade. Place the marinade in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Grill the hens over medium-hot coals (350 to 400 degrees) for 30 minutes or until done, turning and basting occasionally with the marinade.
Delightful. I reduced the amount to 1 hen size and that fed DH and I very well. The lemon and oil with the herbs made for a moist and delicious bird. I just may need to put a couple of these baby chickens in the freezer because I certainly intend to make this again.