Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Wonderful grilled Cornish Hen recipe! Prep and Cook time do not include the 8 hours of marinating time!
- Place the split hens in a 13 x 9 x 2 inch baking dish.
- Combine the lemon juice and the remaining ingredients; stir well with a wire whisk. Pour the marinade mixture over the hens. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Prepare your grill so that you have medium-hot coals (350 to 400 degrees).
- Drain the hens, reserving the marinade. Place the marinade in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Grill the hens over medium-hot coals (350 to 400 degrees) for 30 minutes or until done, turning and basting occasionally with the marinade.