Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Super quick and tasty.
- 6 baby calamari, prepared (ask your fishmonger to do this)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- lettuce leaf, to serve
- lemon wedge, to serve
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- Make slashes across squid using a sharp serrated knife - but don't cut all the way through.
- In a bowl, add olive oil, lemon juice and zest, garlic and half parsley. Season well with a pinch of sea salt and some freshly ground black pepper.
- Add squid and put to one side to marinate for at least 30 minutes
- Heat broiler to high, then sit squid on a roasting tray, put under the broiler and cook till squid begins to char slightly, about 5 mins each side.
- Toss over remaining parsley and serve with crisp lettuce leaves, garnished with onion rings and lemon wedges.