Cook1 hr 45 mins
Got this recipe from a friend in Virginia. Thanks Val. :>)
Make and share this Lemon and Garlic Roast Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- On a work surface, mince the garlic with 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Transfer the garlic to a small bowl and whisk in the lemon juice, rosemary, sweet paprika, cumin, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper, whisk in the olive oil.
- Using your fingers, gently loosen the skin from the chicken breasts, thighs and drumsticks; try not to tear the skin.
- Season the cavity of the chicken with salt and pepper and put the chicken in a roasting pan.
- Using a small spoon, pour all but 1 tablespoon of the seasoning mixture under the skin of the chicken, rubbing it into the breasts, thighs and drumsticks.
- Rub the butter under the skin of the breast meat.
- Rub the remaining 1 tablespoon of the seasoned oil all over the chicken and season it with salt.
- Put the reserved lemon halves in the cavity of the chicken and tie the legs together with twine.
- Roast the chicken for about 1 1/2 hours, or until the juices from the cavity run clear and the chicken is browned and crisp.
- Let the chicken rest in the roasting pan for 15 minutes.
- Tilt the chicken to drain the juices from the cavity into the pan; transfer the chicken to a carving board.
- Pour the pan juices into a bowl and skin the fat from the surface.
- Strain the juice into a small saucepan and keep warm over low heat.
- Carve the chicken and serve with the pan juices.