1/3 Photos of Lemon and Garlic Roast Chicken
2 hrs 5 mins
1 hr 45 mins
Dave C's Note:
Got this recipe from a friend in Virginia. Thanks Val. :>)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350.
- 2On a work surface, mince the garlic with 1 teaspoon of kosher salt.
- 3Transfer the garlic to a small bowl and whisk in the lemon juice, rosemary, sweet paprika, cumin, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper, whisk in the olive oil.
- 4Using your fingers, gently loosen the skin from the chicken breasts, thighs and drumsticks; try not to tear the skin.
- 5Season the cavity of the chicken with salt and pepper and put the chicken in a roasting pan.
- 6Using a small spoon, pour all but 1 tablespoon of the seasoning mixture under the skin of the chicken, rubbing it into the breasts, thighs and drumsticks.
- 7Rub the butter under the skin of the breast meat.
- 8Rub the remaining 1 tablespoon of the seasoned oil all over the chicken and season it with salt.
- 9Put the reserved lemon halves in the cavity of the chicken and tie the legs together with twine.
- 10Roast the chicken for about 1 1/2 hours, or until the juices from the cavity run clear and the chicken is browned and crisp.
- 11Let the chicken rest in the roasting pan for 15 minutes.
- 12Tilt the chicken to drain the juices from the cavity into the pan; transfer the chicken to a carving board.
- 13Pour the pan juices into a bowl and skin the fat from the surface.
- 14Strain the juice into a small saucepan and keep warm over low heat.
- 15Carve the chicken and serve with the pan juices.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon and Garlic Roast Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (378 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 912.2
- Calories from Fat 636
- Total Fat 70.7 g
- Saturated Fat 20.2 g
- Cholesterol 270.4 mg
- Sodium 241.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 63.7 g