Recipe by Shuzbud
I love the flavours of lemon and garlic combined in this healthy dish. This would be a good choice served with chicken or fish.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about half a small lemon)
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 2 cups chicken stock (I use 2 stock cubes and 2 cups hot water)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat.
- Add the garlic cloves and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the lemon juice and cook for a further minute.
- Add the rice to the pan and stir to coat the rice with the liquid mixture, being careful not to burn the rice.
- Add the chicken stock (or crumble in the stock cubes and add boiling water), stir and cover to cook, turning down the heat.
- Check on the rice while cooking to ensure it does not run out of liquid and boil dry.
- After 20 minutes, remove the lid and stir. The rice should still have a little too much liquid at this stage so cook uncovered until the rice is done and the liquid is all absorbed.
- Mix in the chopped fresh parsley and serve hot!