Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love the flavours of lemon and garlic combined in this healthy dish. This would be a good choice served with chicken or fish.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about half a small lemon)
- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 2 cups chicken stock (I use 2 stock cubes and 2 cups hot water)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat.
- Add the garlic cloves and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the lemon juice and cook for a further minute.
- Add the rice to the pan and stir to coat the rice with the liquid mixture, being careful not to burn the rice.
- Add the chicken stock (or crumble in the stock cubes and add boiling water), stir and cover to cook, turning down the heat.
- Check on the rice while cooking to ensure it does not run out of liquid and boil dry.
- After 20 minutes, remove the lid and stir. The rice should still have a little too much liquid at this stage so cook uncovered until the rice is done and the liquid is all absorbed.
- Mix in the chopped fresh parsley and serve hot!
A very nice combo of flavors. Loved the lemon and even squeezed some more over it. I used vegetable stock. Thanks! Made for Everyday is a Holiday game.
Made half again as much as the recipe called for since I wanted enough for a 2nd meal (to which I added a cup of steamed peas the 2nd time around)! Abwolutely loved the combo of lemon & garlic here & will be keeping this recipe around, for sure! [Made & reviewed in Zaar Stars tag]
Good rice with plenty of flavor. I used only 3 cloves of garlic, but still felt the the garlic was 1 little strong for my tastes.