1/5 Photos of Lemon and Garlic Rice
I love the flavours of lemon and garlic combined in this healthy dish. This would be a good choice served with chicken or fish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil in a pan over a medium heat.
- 2Add the garlic cloves and cook for 1 minute.
- 3Add the lemon juice and cook for a further minute.
- 4Add the rice to the pan and stir to coat the rice with the liquid mixture, being careful not to burn the rice.
- 5Add the chicken stock (or crumble in the stock cubes and add boiling water), stir and cover to cook, turning down the heat.
- 6Check on the rice while cooking to ensure it does not run out of liquid and boil dry.
- 7After 20 minutes, remove the lid and stir. The rice should still have a little too much liquid at this stage so cook uncovered until the rice is done and the liquid is all absorbed.
- 8Mix in the chopped fresh parsley and serve hot!
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon and Garlic Rice
Serving Size: 1 (182 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 497.2
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.2 mg
- Sodium 351.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 13.1 g