Recipe by Karen's Krazy Kitchen
This is a wonderfully different pasta dish. Light, quick, delicious and easy. The key is to have everything prepped before cooking because it comes together really fast. Great served with grilled anything but really nice with salmon. Ronzoni has come out with a thin spaghetti called Smart Taste that is made with whole wheat flour, looks and tastes like regular pasta but has SIX grams of fiber. Fantastic!
- 1 lb spaghetti, thin
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 shallots, minced
- 1 teaspoon hot red chili pepper flakes
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 lemons, juiced and zested
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- cooked pasta water, two ladles of
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta as directed, adding plenty of kosher or sea salt when the water comes to a boil.
- Mince the shallots and garlic (but do not combine).
- Chop the parsley.
- Zest and juice the lemons.
- Grate the cheese.
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large, deep skillet over medium heat.
- Add the shallots and Chile flakes and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic, salt and pepper.
- Stir and remove from the heat until pasta is ready.
- When pasta is ready, put two ladles of the pasta water into the shallot mixture and return the skillet to the heat.
- Drain the pasta and add to the shallot mixture.
- Add the parsley, lemon juice and zest.
- Toss and pour into a large bowl.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and mix well.