Karen's Krazy Kitchen's Note:
This is a wonderfully different pasta dish. Light, quick, delicious and easy. The key is to have everything prepped before cooking because it comes together really fast. Great served with grilled anything but really nice with salmon. Ronzoni has come out with a thin spaghetti called Smart Taste that is made with whole wheat flour, looks and tastes like regular pasta but has SIX grams of fiber. Fantastic!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook the pasta as directed, adding plenty of kosher or sea salt when the water comes to a boil.
- 2Mince the shallots and garlic (but do not combine).
- 3Chop the parsley.
- 4Zest and juice the lemons.
- 5Grate the cheese.
- 6Heat the olive oil and butter in a large, deep skillet over medium heat.
- 7Add the shallots and Chile flakes and cook for about 3 minutes.
- 8Add the garlic, salt and pepper.
- 9Stir and remove from the heat until pasta is ready.
- 10When pasta is ready, put two ladles of the pasta water into the shallot mixture and return the skillet to the heat.
- 11Drain the pasta and add to the shallot mixture.
- 12Add the parsley, lemon juice and zest.
- 13Toss and pour into a large bowl.
- 14Add the Parmesan cheese and mix well.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon and Garlic Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (233 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 736.0
- Calories from Fat 255
- Total Fat 28.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 37.2 mg
- Sodium 445.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 25.9 g